Sabado, Hunyo 2, 2012

I Value


There's a blood of uncertainty
In everything that we could see
Some men call it meaninglessness
For others, relativity
This world in in fact valueless
And all runs to absurdity

But there's a thing in man's nature
That I am very, very sure
It is non-rationality--
Like a soul that is most impure,
Almost like a drunk yet empty,
Like a madness that we ignore

Man creates his very speech
That shows value in every pitch
He even creates his nature
His beliefs that idly beseech
A relief from what is unsure--
A boredom he wanted to ditch

Though the reality's like that
I could still point out a dot
I could still love you, my Tang
I could defy what I am not
I could cut off my living tongue 
And break away from nature's knot

I have in my veins the freedom
That God doesn't have in his kingdom
What matters is how I behave,
How I let some go, others come;
How I value or how I save
My love for Sophie, Tang and Mom

I am 'man,' I am 'Being'
I must live what I am saying
The sublime, the unsayable
Is worth no more than the nothing--
It's end is impracticable
Only I who can mean something!

Philosophy measures our lives;
Our lives weigh our valuations

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento