Huwebes, Hunyo 21, 2012

Why Should I Be Moral?


So, why should I be moral?--
The question's tough and complex (?)--
But try being immoral,
Try not to think of ethics,
And then let's see what happens
To the precious life you own--
I mean, it's simply nonsense
To doubt what's already known

If self-actualization
Is to care for others too;
Then I have no objection
'Cause it's not so hard to do
I mean, 'I' don't have a choice
To act without the 'others'
Unless I have talking toys
And to them I will 'converse'

If 'Why should I be moral?'
Would mean 'Why should I be just?'
Then let's measure the actual
Power-play and people's trust
I mean, it's just so hard
For people to be honest:
To loose the ego's guard,
To admit that their dishonest

If we view morality
As responsible action--
But not that we're so free
From blind determination--
And we should not be punished
Because of our 'wrong-doing;'
Our minds should be replenished
With proper human caring

I mean, goodness is like health
And evil is like illness
It's like having energy
But varying in degrees
If this simile is seen
As focus of attention,
The question would simply mean:
'How moral is my action?'


Looking for 'Truth' and 'Meaning'--
For a very neutral view?
The Truth-Meaning of 'looking'
Is a false god's-eye view
It's false because we 'guess'
That philosophy reflects
The pure mirror-image,
The 'world' that's tough and complex 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento